3:05 PM

What the duce?

     If you spend even a millisecond of time on the "fashion police" blogs, you'll notice that the most common fashion faux paux in SL is...disproportionate shapes. Now I freely admit that when I first started SL I was slider happy, but in the wrong direction. I had almost no meat on my bones.  Even with my "too skinny" sins, I was able to look at the freebie shapes I picked up and realize that they just weren't workin.

    When I began working and studying to become an SL geiko, my first instructor sat me down and had a chat with me. My face was far too harsh, I was way too tall, and my chest invoked images of silicone. It took about 20 minutes for me to adjust sliders and give myself a face that is all my own and much closer to my personality.

20 minutes.

While I prefer small slender figures, my sister prefers small fullfigured shapes. Both of us designed our own shape. Each of us has done tweaking. But the basic ideal is: WE LOOK LIKE WE COULD BE HUMAN!!!

So please, deflat those watermelon rears.
Realize that it ain't cute to have boobs that your back couldn't support.
If you have a size 0 waist, a DDD cup, and a size 45 seat, you are out of whack.
When you pick up skins and clothes that don't quite fit, tweak the sliders a bit. Most of the time you wont look that different. Alot of times it will make you look your best.
And stop with the glamazon look! It just makes you a target for ridicule. 

It ain't that damn cute!


If you find yourself unable to judge your own skin with an impartial eye. Find a neutral, female (sorry fellas) party and ask them to give you a clue. The anonymity you save may be your own.

PS...thanks Alicia.

0 comments: