4:32 PM

A freebie malaise

I love freebie hunting. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is nothing like the rush of finding a fabulous item at a real bargain. I even love standing around in stores looking at all of the beautiful inventory I would purchase if i had more lindens to spare.  Given my love of the hunt, it should come as no surprise that my favorite event is...the formal freebie hunt. Give me a sim jam packed with loot to search out and I'm a happy girl.

But I noticed early in my freebie days, after only a couple of well stocked hunts...inventories become jam packed with loot, majority of which I will never use. Lately I've been working on formulating a game plan. It may or may not work for you, but it works pretty well for me so far.

1) Do a general scout of the store/designer providing the freebies. If the clothes on the wall are not your style, the clothes in the freebie probably won't be either.

2) While hunting, make a separate folder for all item folders and actual items given. Put everything into that folder as soon as you get it.

3) Continuing with point number 2: Never, ever rely on the recent items tab to sort your hunt finds for you. This tab is only useful when for your current log in session. I can not tell you how many times I've made the mistake of relying on the tab only to log out from sheer lag frustration...and then have no idea where any of my items are.

4) Post hunt, sit down and sort through all of your finds. If its mostly clothes or skins, now is a good time to camp. Even though you are sitting you can usually get a fair idea of the cut and style of garments. I have found that independent of cut, if I don't like the pattern of an outfit it will never see the light of day.

5) Make the hard decisions. With each hunt you will find more new things to fall in love with, and that means more old things will disappear into the back of your closet. If its not your style, you have something like it but better, or you are just over it, trash it.

Now these wont keep you from accumulating tons of items. But with careful organization and some item control, you can at least keep on top of things.

See you on the hunt.

0 comments: