8:10 AM

Answer to Alicia's post

    I am at present in an SL relationship. But it is very new and as such still in a period of growth.  I met my boyfriend, Thallanor, in the lobby of the main building at the United Federation Starfleet sim. At first I thought he was overly friendly and a bit shy, So I basically ignored him. A day or so later I was decorating for the UFS St. Patrick's Day party and ran into Thallanor again. He and another person were doing a silly dance to the  music and I joined in, although I was using a Sine Wave dance. 

   At that point I realized that Thall was a sweet guy, and I really had nothing to worry about from him. So for a good while we were friends and now we are dating. I don't think if we had met anywhere but Starfleet we would have ended up together. The most active members at Starfleet are like a family. Many of them are like my brothers and sisters. In that environment I don't worry about whether or not I'm being taken advantage of. 

Now because I am a Starfleet officer, was a maiko, and have always been a freebie hunter, I just don't go to places where I am likely to get hit on. In fact until recently my SL schedule was so packed that even stopping by and hanging out with my friends was nearly impossible.  So I suppose that is further support to the idea that if Thall and I had met anywhere other than Starfleet we would not be together. As for blogging? I've never mentioned that I blog. So it is a non-issue.

 

0 comments: